Lilies have always been a favorite amongst people who love flowers. Lilies are the epitome of grace and stand as a symbol of purity. Lilies tend to stand for purity and give the message of untouched beauty. Lilies are often famous as decorations in religious altars and during festivals. The history of lily can be traced back to the early civilizations when various parts of the flower were ground up and used as medicine and ointments. Lilies have been associated with the Virgin Mary as well and one can find a bunch of them at the church altars
What are some interesting facts about lilies?
Because lilies seldom fall dormant, there is no such thing as an “off-season” for them. Lilies are perennial plants that thrive in the absence of human interference. Lilies are resourceful flowers that may grow from either a bulb or a seed. They may reach a height of 2 to 6 feet.
- Apart from blooming white, yellow, red, and pink lilies, there is an orange lily known as Tiger Lily that has brown dots or freckles.
- Lilies are gregarious and outgoing. It can’t thrive on its own. Place them in a group of four or five and see how quickly and wonderfully they develop.
- Humans enjoy lilies, but cats are poisoned by them. As a result, keep your beloved cat away from the lilies.
- Lilies, as previously said, have a fascinating smell that has a calming impact on the psyche. Only white lilies and tiger lilies, however, have that lovely and enticing aroma. Keep this in mind while purchasing a bouquet of lily flowers or a lily plant for your yard.
- The lily is also a symbol of healing in Chinese culture. Lilies are given to friends or relatives in China who are going through a difficult time or recuperating from the loss of a loved one. This flower is thought to aid in the recovery from depression or anxiety.
So, if you are looking for a reason to purchase that lily bouquet think no further. Lilies can add a dash of elegance in any setting that they are placed in. Their innocence and grace can bring in a bright pop of color in dark corners as well. Lilies are a hit amongst florists as well with the flowers never going out of a sale. They are available in a wide range of arrangements as well.